Features Posts

Home Forums Flatisfy Skin Features Posts

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 9 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

Ian
    Participant

I created a new page and set template to Features Grid.

The feature posts display in this grid so that’s ok.

However, when I click on the post in the Grid I return  404.

I imagine that it should go to a template called single-features.

Anyone know what I’m doing wrong?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 6 months ago by  Ian.

Ian
    Participant

Plus I’ve just noticed I am not getting any content text on the grid view. The image and title show. But with the content I’m just getting >  … (three dots)

Ian
    Participant

SOLVED

Ian
    Participant

Ah, not solved.

Everything seems to be working correctly except each Grid View is pulling the same post text. Images are ok, post titles are ok but text pulls the same content throughout.

Thomas
    Keymaster

Hey Ian,

I am a little confused by what you mean, on the Grid page, the text pulled for the excerpt is the first text entered in your post editor box for a ‘Features’ post. If you don’t enter any text, the Grid page will display only the ‘…’.

Ian
    Participant

Hi Tom, Sorry, what I mean is, as an example, if you have 3 feature posts the excerpt text is the same in all of them. Title & Images are ok.

Thomas
    Keymaster

Hmmm, that seems strange. The excerpt should be taken from the text you enter in your post editor on each individual feature. So if they are separate feature posts, with different text, the excerpt should reflect the content from each one.

Ian
    Participant

Have you tried it on your demo  version? At the moment you show all the same text because all posts are the same. Try taking the first post and change the text, see what happens.

Thomas
    Keymaster

Yes, I did try this out and it worked for me. If you look at the demo site now, you can see where I made the changes on my “Concerts & Festivals” feature post.

Ian
    Participant

Ok, Tom. The problem, I think, has to do with the character count ie 95. If you have less characters than 95 it doesn’t work and shows the problems I’ve experienced. More than 95 on each post and it works ok.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.