Total width does not change from default

Home Forums Flatisfy Skin Total width does not change from default

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Thomas 9 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

cermlich
    Participant

Hello Tom,

width of content column does not change from 780 to 900 px.

My site is http://mobile-apps.lorbasswebservice.de.

Another question: when putting a logo into header area, site title and Site tagline are vanishing.

Thans

Thomas
    Keymaster

I am not sure why the width wouldn’t change. Did you set the width as 900 on your Thesis > Skin Design page under Content/Sidebar Widths & Layout Settings? I have had no problems with this after testing.

As for your logo question, the option was built to remove your site title & tagline when you use a custom logo image. It replaces the text link of your site name to an image link of your logo.

Unfortunately, you can’t show the title & tagline + a custom logo image, it has to be one or the other unless you include the title & tagline manually using a text box.

cermlich
    Participant

Hi Tom,

thanks for answering. Second point is now clear. As for the width: I did it the exact way you are describing.

Also did I a reset of the skin. But nothing has changed. Also deactivating Plugins was not successful.

Thomas
    Keymaster

Hmmmm, the width issue seems strange to me. Especially since you said you reset the skin.

After inspecting your website, it seems as though you have a bunch of CSS stylesheets loading but none of them include the Thesis css.css stylesheet.

Becuause of this, the Thesis CSS Reset is not taking place. Is there any way you could add Flatisfy to a fresh WordPress install and check if the width settings work then?

The first image below shows the stylesheets that load with Flatisfy out-of-the-box and the second image shows the stylesheets loading with your website.

Flatisfy Basic CSS

cermlich CSS

cermlich
    Participant

Your are right: on a fresh wp install the width problem does not exist.
    The problem might be pagespeed. When shut off, width is 900px, and when shut on, width is again default.
    Thanks for your tip.

cermlich
    Participant

Forgot to mention, that custom.css is working too.

Thomas
    Keymaster

Nice, these are all good things to hear. What exactly is the pagespeed that you can turn on or off?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.