Features Grid Issues

Home Forums Flatisfy Skin Features Grid Issues

Tagged: 

This topic contains 17 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ian 9 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

kevinstuttle
    Participant

I am currently developing the Feature Grid page on my site to include recommendations for supplements, food, fitness equipment and gear, and books.  I can get images to show without an issue but the excerpt description repeats itself for everything (with the first features description) on the page and I also get a 404 when clicking on each features “Read More” link.

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

http://www.adkelite.com/resources

http://www.adkelite.com/features/alpha-brain (returns a Error 404)

Ian
    Participant

Have a look at this thread. It is all to do with the word count.

http://support.thesislaboratory.com/forums/topic/features-posts/

kevinstuttle
    Participant

That did not work.  I tried adjusting rows, # displayed, and the characters to display.  Still get a 404 and still displays the description for the first feature published.

Ian
    Participant

Are all your product descriptions over 95 char in length? I put a few dummies in when setting mine up. Some of those were under 95 char (ex. test description) and I got the same problem. When I entered in descriptions over 95 char it worked.

kevinstuttle
    Participant

That fixed the description issue….  I still get the 404.  Is there a specific template I should set each feature to?  Or something in the template editor?

Ian
    Participant

Yes. TEMPLATE SINGLE FEATURES

Ian
    Participant

You set that in wordpress post!

kevinstuttle
    Participant

I do not see where to switch the template to single features.  I wrote the description in the features area in the dashboard, when looking under Thesis Custom Templates I do not see the single feature.

Ian
    Participant

Look in the sidebar of wordpress where posts, pages etc is and you’ll see FEATURES. Go into there and all your feature posts will be listed. Is that not right?

kevinstuttle
    Participant

They are listed there.  I added all of my original features this way.

Ian
    Participant

On one of those posts in the sidebar you’ll see a box called THESIS SKIN CUSTOM TEMPLATE . …. NO CUSTOM TEMPLATE should be selected

Ian
    Participant

Also I notice your first products description is different but all the others are the same. Is that because you’ve just copied and pasted the same text. If not you’d need to change the text as above (over 95 char)

kevinstuttle
    Participant

I know about the description… just haven’t written them out yet.  I’m still getting 404 though… everything is set up default.

Ian
    Participant

You’re getting 404 because you haven’t copied them out yet. Make sure each one is over 95 char. Then it should work ok

kevinstuttle
    Participant

Thank you so much for your help.  I deleted all the features I had yet to write copy for, got rid of all the extra categories that aren’t being used.  Still getting a 404.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.